Foodie Friday: Lamb Chops with Feta-Pomegranate Topping and Roast Squash
While your BBQ buried under snow, this is a great, tasty and simple way to produce delicious lamb chops in the oven – especially since you’ll already have it preheated from roasting the acorn squash. It saves on cleaning up, and is a handy recipe to recall come wintertime.
Lamb Chops with Feta-Pomegranate Topping and Roast Squash.
12 lamb rib or loin chops, each about 2 cm thick (about 1.25 kg total)
5 Tbsp (80 ml) olive oil
Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 small squash or half a larger one (about 750 g), seeded and cut into 1 cm slices
For the feta-pomegranate topping:
60 g feta, crumbled
1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
Grated zest of 1 lemon
1 tsp olive oil
1. Preheat an oven to 190°C. Line a baking tray with foil.
2. In a large bowl, combine the lamb chops with 3 Tbsp of the olive oil and the lemon zest and juice. Season well with salt and pepper and toss to coat evenly. Let the lamb stand at room temperature for about 15 minutes.
3. Pile the squash slices on the baking tray. Drizzle with the remaining 2 Tbsp olive oil, season well with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Spread the squash in a single layer and bake for 10 minutes.
4. Remove the squashfrom the oven and add the lamb chops on top of the squash on the baking tray. Bake until the squash is fork-tender and caramelised around the edges and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a lamb chop reaches 55°C, about 20 minutes. (Do not flip the lamb chops.)
5. While the lamb cooks, make the topping. In a small bowl, stir together the feta, parsley, pomegranate seeds, lemon zest and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
6. Remove the lamb from the oven, cover loosely with foil and let rest for 10 minutes. Place the lamb and roast squash on a platter and sprinkle with the topping. Serve immediately.
Love this recipe? Head to williams-sonoma.ca for all the best food and entertaining inspiration.